In partnership with the Maine Memory Network Maine Memory Network

Princeton Public Library

Allan's Potato House, Princeton, ca. 1915

Contributed by Princeton Public Library
MMN Item 80449 Item Details
Allan's Potato House, Princeton, ca. 1915
MMN Item 80449 Zoom

Description

This photograph taken around 1915 is of Allan's Potato House in Princeton. Allan's Potato House was located behind the train station on Depot Street. Herbert H. Allan, owner, was listed as a merchant of potatoes and "agricultural implements" in Princeton in the 1909 Maine Register. Note the local potato farmers with their horses and wagons lined up on the ramp of the potato house preparing to offload their potatoes.

Herbert H. Allan lived in Dennysville, Maine and also owned the Dennys River Inn. In 1916, Herbert's brother W. M. Allan was listed as owner of the business until 1922 when the Princeton listing disappeared from the Maine Register.

View additional information about this item on the Maine Memory Network.